- Register for the race
- Print your digital bib in your RunSignup.com account under your Profile > Upcoming Races
- Complete the distance you signed up for at your convenience, any time, anywhere during the dates of the race
- Tracking your time is optional, you can use any tracking app. Here are a few popular ones.
- Submitting your time is optional, but to see how you placed overall and print your finisher certificate, you will need to submit your time
- Celebrate your accomplishment by sharing on social media! #RunsForAPurpose
- Feel free to join the Virtual Runs for a Purpose Facebook Group to share and celebrate with other participants.
The race fee is what covers the cost for us to be able to put on the races (ie. purchase medals, shipping, marketing, etc.) and raise funds for charities through donations. As much as we would love to also donate part of the race fee, unfortunately, it would limit our ability to promote races and successfully raise funds for charities. We are proud to say that we have raised over $154,000 for charities so far!
We start to ship medals about 1 month out from the date of the race (sometimes sooner, depending on how many participants are signing up). This way you get your medal prior to the start of the race. For those that register during the race, medals are shipped within 48 hours since we have them in stock at that point.
In order to receive your shirt in time for the race, make sure to register and order your shirt by the shirt cut-off date listed on the race page and during checkout. Shirts ordered after the cut-off date will ship 2 weeks after the race is over.
We place a bulk order of shirts the day after the cut-off date so we know how many of each size to order. Then we place another bulk order the day after the race for those that ordered after the cut-off date. It takes 2 weeks for us to receive the shirts before shipping them out to participants via USPS First Class Mail (2-3 days) or Priority Mail (1-2 days).
During registration, you will setup a team name. Share your team name with others so when they go to register, they look for your team name to join. Once you have 3 people on a team, you each will get a $5 refund within 3-4 business days. Anyone who joins after the 2nd person will automatically get the $5 discount at checkout.
If you already registered and did not create a team name during checkout, follow these instructions:
- Login to your RunSignup.com account and go to your profile page
- Scroll down and to the right of the event listed, click on "Manage Registration"
- Click on "Group/Team" in the top navigation
- At the bottom of the page, click on the "CREATE NEW GROUP/TEAM" tab
No, tracking and submitting your time is optional. However, if you would like to see how you placed overall and to print your finisher certificate, you will need to enter your time. Instructions for submitting your time will be sent via email the day of the race.
If you would like to track your time, you can use any time tracking app. Here are a few popular ones.