Autism Acceptance Run/Walk
Autism Acceptance Run/Walk
April 1-30, 2022
1k, 5k, 10k, Half Marathon Run/Walk
In honor of those diagnosed with Autism, we are bringing awareness and promoting acceptance through this virtual run/walk that you can participate in from anywhere!
April is National Autism Awareness Month and promotes inclusion and self-determination for all, and assure that each person with ASD is provided the opportunity to achieve the highest possible quality of life.
Our goal is to help bring awareness as well as acceptance and raise fund for the below charities. Help us by participating in our virtual run/walk that you can do from anywhere!
All donations will go directly to the benefiting charity of your choice (during registration):
- The Autism Society of America, the nation’s oldest leading grassroots autism organization.
- Autistic Self Advocacy Network, a nonprofit organization run by and for autistic people.
- Autistic Women & Nonbinary Network, providing community, support and resources for Autistic women, girls, transfeminine and transmasculine nonbinary and genderqueer people, trans people of all genders, Two Spirit people, and all others of marginalized genders.
HOW TO COMPLETE YOUR RUN/WALK
- Register for the race and print your bib
- Complete a 1k, 5k, 10k or Half Marathon run/walk at your convenience, any time, anywhere between April 1 -30, 2022
- Submit your time (optional) to see how you placed overall and print your finisher certificate.
- Celebrate your accomplishment by sharing on social media! #RunsForAPurpose
- Feel free to join the Virtual Runs for a Purpose Facebook Group to share and celebrate with other participants. Don’t forget to follow our Facebook page too!
- Autism Acceptance Medal
- Printable Race Bib
- Printable Finisher Certificate
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- Do I have to track my time / How do I track my time?
No, tracking your time is optional. There are several apps available that you can use to track your time. Here is a list of the top 10 apps.
- Do I have to create a team?
No, registration is setup for individuals, however, there is an option to create a team during checkout if you want to.
- Do all team members have to participate together?
No, that is the great part about a virtual race! Each team member can run/walk at their own pace on their own time.
- Do all team members have to do the same distance?
No, each team member can choose to do their own distance.
- Can I split up the distance over several days?
Yes, you can certainly split up your distance over time if needed.
- Do I have to submit my time to get my medal?
No, submitting your time is optional, you will still get your medal regardless. But if you would like to print off your finisher certificate, you will need to submit your time.
- When will I get my medal and/or shirt?
Medals will start to ship first week of February. Shirts ordered by March 6th will arrive in time for the race. Shirts ordered after March 6th will ship after the race and arrive by May 20th.
- How do I print my bib?
Bibs are provided in digital format. Once you register, you will be automatically assigned a bib number. In your RunSignUp.com account, under “Profile” then “Upcoming Events”, you will see an option to print your bib for this race.
|Dimensions||6 × 4 in|
1k, 5k, 10k, Half Marathon