Autism Awareness Run/Walk
Autism Awareness Run/Walk
April 1-30, 2021
1k, 5k, 10k, Half Marathon, Kids Race
In honor of Autism Awareness Month in April, we are bringing awareness through this virtual run/walk that you can participate in from anywhere!
** SHIRT CUT-OFF DATE IS MARCH 7, 2021 **
Shirts ordered by March 7th will arrive in time for the race. Shirts ordered after March 7th will ship out after the race.
April is National Autism Awareness Month and promotes inclusion and self-determination for all, and assure that each person with ASD is provided the opportunity to achieve the highest possible quality of life. Our goal is to help bring awareness and raise fund for The Autism Society of America, who focuses on providing information and resources for communities to be more aware of autism, promote acceptance, and be more inclusive in everyday life. Help us raise awareness by participating in our virtual run/walk that you can do from anywhere!
All donations will go directly to The Autism Society of America, the nation’s oldest leading grassroots autism organization.
HOW TO COMPLETE YOUR VIRTUAL RUN
- Register for the race
- Complete a 1k, 5K, 10k or Half Marathon run/walk at your convenience, any time, anywhere between April 1- 30, 2021
- Submit your time to see how you placed overall and receive your finisher certificate
- Celebrate your accomplishment by sharing on social media! #RunsForAPurpose
- Feel free to join the Virtual Runs for a Purpose Facebook Group to share and celebrate with other participants
HOW TO CREATE A TEAM
- Only 1 person needs to register and create a team name during checkout
- Share the team name so others can join during registration
- When the 3rd person registers, the first 2 will receive a $5 refund and any other participants who join will automatically get the $5 discount at checkout.
- Autism Awareness Medal
- Printable Race Bib
- Printable Finisher Certificate
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- How do I track my time?
There are several apps available that you can use to track your time. Here is a list of the top 10 apps.
- How do I create a team?
During registration, you will setup a team name. Share your team name with others so when they go to register, they look for your team name to join. Once you have 3 people on a team, you each will get a $5 refund and anyone who joins after the 3rd person will automatically get the $5 discount.
- Do all team members have to run/walk together?
No, that is the great part about a virtual race! Each team member can run/walk at their own pace on their own time.
- Do all team members have to do the same distance?
No, each team member can choose to do their own distance.
- Do I have to submit my time to get my medal?
No, submitting your time is optional, you will still get your medal regardless. But if you would like to print off your finisher certificate, you will need to submit your time.
- When will I get my medal and/or shirt?
Medals will start to ship early February (USPS First Class Mail, 2-3 business days) through the end of the race. Shirts ordered by March 7, 2021 will arrive in time for the race. Shirts ordered after March 7th will ship out after the race.
- How do I print my bib?
Bibs are provided in digital format. Once you register, you will be automatically assigned a bib number. In your RunSignUp.com account, under “Profile” then “Upcoming Events”, you will see an option to print your bib for this race.
5k, 10k, Half Marathon