Break the Stigma Run/Walk
Break the Stigma Run/Walk
October 3-9, 2021
1k, 5k, 10k, Half Marathon
Help us bring awareness and raise funds for NAMI by participating in this virtual run/walk that you can do from anywhere!
National Mental Illness Awareness week is October 3-9, 2021. We believe that mental health conditions are important to discuss year-round, but highlighting them during Mental Illness Awareness Week provides a dedicated time for mental health advocates across the country to come together as one unified voice. That is why we are bringing awareness through our virtual run/walk, to help spread awareness and break the stigma!
This race will benefit NAMI, the National Alliance on Mental Illness, the nation’s largest grassroots mental health organization dedicated to building better lives for the millions of Americans affected by mental illness.
HOW TO COMPLETE YOUR VIRTUAL RUN/WALK
- Register for the race and print your bib
- Complete a 1k, 5k, 10k or Half Marathon run/walk at your convenience, any time, anywhere between October 3-9, 2021
- Submit your time (optional) to see how you placed overall and receive your finisher certificate.
- Celebrate your accomplishment by sharing on social media! #RunsForAPurpose
- Feel free to join the Virtual Runs for a Purpose Facebook Group to share and celebrate with other participants. Don’t forget to follow our Facebook page too!
- Break the Stigma Medal
- Printable Race Bib
- Printable Finisher Certificate
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- Do I have to track my time / How do I track my time?
No, tracking your time is optional. There are several apps available that you can use to track your time. Here is a list of the top 10 apps.
- Do I have to create a team?
No, registration is setup for individuals, however, there is an option to create a team during checkout if you want to.
- Do all team members have to participate together?
No, that is the great part about a virtual race! Each team member can run/walk at their own pace on their own time.
- Do all team members have to do the same distance?
No, each team member can choose to do their own distance.
- Can I split up the distance over several days?
Yes, you can certainly split up your distance over time if needed.
- Do I have to submit my time to get my medal?
No, submitting your time is optional, you will still get your medal regardless. But if you would like to print off your finisher certificate, you will need to submit your time.
- When will I get my medal and/or shirt?
Medals will ship within 3-5 business days of registering. Shirts ordered by September 10th will arrive in time for the race. Shirts ordered after September 10th will ship after the race.
- How do I print my bib?
Bibs are provided in digital format. Once you register, you will be automatically assigned a bib number. In your RunSignUp.com account, under “Profile” then “Upcoming Events”, you will see an option to print your bib for this race.
|Dimensions||6 × 4 in|