Down Syndrome Day Run/Walk
Down Syndrome Day Run/Walk
March 21, 2021
1k, 5k, 10k, Half Marathon
In honor of Down Syndrome Day, we are bringing awareness through this virtual fun run/walk that you can participate in from anywhere!
Thank you to everyone who participated!!
World Down Syndrome Day is March 21st and a global awareness event…and we need you to help spread the word. The quality of life of people with Down syndrome can be improved by meeting their health care needs, including regular check-ups with health professionals to monitor mental and physical condition and to provide timely intervention be it physiotherapy, occupational therapy, speech therapy, counselling or special education. Help us raise awareness by participating in our virtual run/walk that you can do from anywhere! Helping us bring awareness will help us raise funds to help support those diagnosed with down syndrome and also the families that are affected.
HOW TO COMPLETE YOUR VIRTUAL RUN
- Register for the race
- Complete a 1k, 5K, 10k or Half Marathon run/walk at your convenience, any time, anywhere on March 21, 2021
- Submit your time to see how you placed overall and receive your finisher certificate.
- Celebrate your accomplishment by sharing on social media! #RunsForAPurpose
- Feel free to join the Virtual Runs for a Purpose Facebook Group to share and celebrate with other participants.
HOW TO CREATE A TEAM
- Only 1 person needs to register and create a team name during checkout
- Share the team name so others can join during registration
- When the 3rd person registers, the first 2 will receive a $5 refund and any other participants who join will automatically get the $5 discount at checkout.
- Down Syndrome Day Medal
- Printable Race Bib
- Printable Finisher Certificate
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- How do I track my time?
There are several apps available that you can use to track your time. Here is a list of the top 10 apps.
- How do I create a team?
During registration, you will setup a team name. Share your team name with others so when they go to register, they look for your team name to join. Once you have 3 people on a team, you each will get a $5 refund and anyone who joins after the 3rd person will automatically get the $5 discount.
- Do all team members have to run/walk together?
No, that is the great part about a virtual race! Each team member can run/walk at their own pace on their own time.
- Do all team members have to do the same distance?
No, each team member can choose to do their own distance.
- Do I have to submit my time to get my medal?
No, submitting your time is optional, you will still get your medal regardless. But if you would like to print off your finisher certificate, you will need to submit your time.
- When will I get my medal and/or shirt?
Medals will start to ship February 12th (USPS First Class Mail, 2-3 business days) through the end of the race. Shirts ordered by February 1, 2021 will arrive in time for the race. Shirts ordered after February 1st will ship out after the race.
- How do I print my bib?
Bibs are provided in digital format. Once you register, you will be automatically assigned a bib number. In your RunSignUp.com account, under “Profile” then “Upcoming Events”, you will see an option to print your bib for this race.
5k, 10k, Half Marathon