Lupus Awareness Run/Walk/Bike
Lupus Awareness Run/Walk/Bike
May 1-31, 2021
1k, 5k, 10k, Half Marathon Run/Walk/Bike
In honor of those diagnosed with Lupus, we are bringing awareness through this virtual fun run/walk/bike that you can participate in from anywhere!
May is Lupus awareness month, a time for sufferers, family members, and supporters to share information, drawing attention to this disease. Lupus is a serious disease that can affect anyone. It is most often diagnosed in young women, between the ages of 15 and 44. While the cause is not known, lupus is an autoimmune disease – in which your immune system attacks healthy cells by mistake – that can potentially damage many parts of the body. There is no known cure for lupus, though effective treatments are available. This month is all about raising awareness, educating wider society, fundraising, and getting behind those scientists that seek to advance our understanding of Lupus. So help spread awareness and contribute to research that will someday provide a cure by doing what you love….running, walking or biking!
All donations will go directly to the Lupus Research Alliance. Their funding is leading to key discoveries that are improving diagnosis and therapies, while enabling researchers to find the way toward prevention and ultimately a cure for lupus.
HOW TO COMPLETE YOUR VIRTUAL RUN
- Register for the race
- Complete a 1k, 5k, 10k or Half Marathon run/walk/bike at your convenience, any time, anywhere between May 1-31, 2021
- Submit your time (optional) to see how you placed overall and receive your finisher certificate.
- Celebrate your accomplishment by sharing on social media! #RunsForAPurpose
- Feel free to join the Virtual Runs for a Purpose Facebook Group to share and celebrate with other participants. Don’t forget to follow our Facebook page too!
- Lupus Awareness Medal
- Printable Race Bib
- Printable Finisher Certificate
HOW TO CREATE A TEAM
- Only 1 person needs to register and create a team name during checkout
- Share the team name so others can join during registration
- When the 3rd person registers, the first 2 will receive a $5 refund and any other participants who join will automatically get the $5 discount at checkout.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- How do I track my time?
There are several apps available that you can use to track your time. Here is a list of the top 10 apps.
- Do all team members have to participate together?
No, that is the great part about a virtual race! Each team member can run/walk at their own pace on their own time.
- Do all team members have to do the same distance?
No, each team member can choose to do their own distance.
- Do I have to submit my time to get my medal?
No, submitting your time is optional, you will still get your medal regardless. But if you would like to print off your finisher certificate, you will need to submit your time.
- When will I get my medal and/or shirt?
Medals will start to ship early April through the end of the race. Shirts ordered by April 5th will arrive in time for the race. Shirts ordered after April 5th will ship in batches every 2 weeks.
- How do I print my bib?
Bibs are provided in digital format. Once you register, you will be automatically assigned a bib number. In your RunSignUp.com account, under “Profile” then “Upcoming Events”, you will see an option to print your bib for this race.
5k, 10k, Half Marathon