Multiple Sclerosis Awareness Run/Walk
Multiple Sclerosis Awareness Run/Walk
March 1-31, 2021
1k, 5k, 10k, Half Marathon
In honor of Multiple Sclerosis Awareness Month, we are bringing awareness through this virtual fun run/walk that you can participate in from anywhere!
Shirt cut-off date was February 1st for receiving them in time for the race. Shirts ordered between now and March 31st will arrive after the race.
March is Multiple Sclerosis awareness month, a time for sufferers, family members, and supporters to share information, sympathy, and camaraderie, drawing attention to this disease of the central nervous system. If you’re not familiar, Multiple Sclerosis (MS) happens when one’s immune system attacks the nerve cells and renders them unable to properly transmit information, causing balance issues, weakened vision, fatigue, and other unpredictable symptoms. Approximately 2.5 million people worldwide suffer from multiple sclerosis. The cause is unknown, and there is no definitive cure as of this writing. However, there are many effective treatments, so those afflicted with MS should not lose hope. This month is all about raising awareness, educating wider society, fundraising, and getting behind those scientists that seek to advance our understanding of MS. So help spread awareness and contribute to research that will someday provide a cure by doing what you love….running or walking!
All donations will go directly to Multiple Sclerosis Association of America (MSAA).
HOW TO COMPLETE YOUR VIRTUAL RUN
- Register for the race
- Complete a 1k, 5K, 10k or Half Marathon run/walk at your convenience, any time, anywhere between March 1-31, 2021
- Submit your time to see how you placed overall and receive your finisher certificate.
- Celebrate your accomplishment by sharing on social media! #RunsForAPurpose
- Feel free to join the Virtual Runs for a Purpose Facebook Group to share and celebrate with other participants.
HOW TO CREATE A TEAM
- Only 1 person needs to register and create a team name during checkout
- Share the team name so others can join during registration
- When the 3rd person registers, the first 2 will receive a $5 refund and any other participants who join will automatically get the $5 discount at checkout.
- Multiple Sclerosis Awareness Medal
- Printable Race Bib
- Printable Finisher Certificate
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- How do I track my time?
There are several apps available that you can use to track your time. Here is a list of the top 10 apps.
- How do I create a team?
During registration, you will setup a team name. Share your team name with others so when they go to register, they look for your team name to join. Once you have 3 people on a team, you each will get a $5 refund and anyone who joins after the 3rd person will automatically get the $5 discount.
- Do all team members have to run/walk together?
No, that is the great part about a virtual race! Each team member can run/walk at their own pace on their own time.
- Do all team members have to do the same distance?
No, each team member can choose to do their own distance.
- Do I have to submit my time to get my medal?
No, submitting your time is optional, you will still get your medal regardless. But if you would like to print off your finisher certificate, you will need to submit your time.
- When will I get my medal and/or shirt?
Medals will start to ship February 12th (USPS First Class Mail, 2-3 business days) through the end of the race. Shirts ordered by February 1, 2021 will arrive in time for the race. Shirts ordered after February 1st will ship out after the race.
- How do I print my bib?
Bibs are provided in digital format. Once you register, you will be automatically assigned a bib number. In your RunSignUp.com account, under “Profile” then “Upcoming Events”, you will see an option to print your bib for this race.
5k, 10k, Half Marathon