National Recovery Month is a national observance held every September to educate Americans that substance use treatment and mental health services can enable those with a mental and/or substance use disorder to live a healthy and rewarding life. This observance reinforces the positive message that behavioral health is essential to overall health, prevention works, treatment is effective, and people can and do recover.
This race benefits:
- NAADAC, the Association for Addiction Professionals, the premier global organization of addiction focused professionals who enhance the health and recovery of individuals, families and communities.
- Partnership to End Addiction, helping families whose children are in the throes of substance abuse and preventing drug use among young people.
HOW TO COMPLETE YOUR VIRTUAL RUN/WALK
- Register for the race
- Complete a 5K, 10k or Half Marathon run/walk at your convenience, any time, anywhere between September 1-30, 2022
- Submit your time to see how you placed overall and receive your finisher certificate.
- Celebrate your accomplishment by sharing on social media! #RunsForAPurpose
- Feel free to join the Virtual Runs for a Purpose Facebook Group to share and celebrate with other participants. Don’t forget to follow our Facebook page too!
- National Recovery Month Awareness Medal
- Printable Race Bib
- Printable Finisher Certificate
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- How do I track my time?
Tracking your time is optional, however there are several apps available that you can use to track your time. Here is a list of the top 10 apps.
- How do I create a team?
During registration, you will setup a team name. Share your team name with others so when they go to register, they look for your team name to join. Once you have 3 people on a team, you each will get a $5 refund and anyone who joins after the 3rd person will automatically get the $5 discount.
- Do all team members have to run/walk together?
No, that is the great part about a virtual race! Each team member can run/walk at their own pace on their own time.
- Do all team members have to do the same distance?
No, each team member can choose to do their own distance.
- Do I have to submit my time to get my medal?
No, submitting your time is optional, you will still get your medal regardless. But if you would like to print off your finisher certificate, you will need to submit your time.
- When will I get my medal and/or shirt?
Medals will start to ship in July through the end of the race. Shirts ordered by August 6th will arrive in time for the race. Shirts ordered after August 6th will ship after the race.
- How do I print my bib?
Bibs are provided in digital format. Once you register, you will be automatically assigned a bib number. In your RunSignUp.com account, under “Profile” then “Upcoming Events”, you will see an option to print your bib for this race.