PTSD Awareness Run/Walk
PTSD Awareness Run/Walk
June 1-30, 2022
5k, 10k, Half Marathon
In honor of those diagnosed with PTSD, we are bringing awareness through this virtual run/walk that you can participate in from anywhere!
June is PTSD Awareness Month. Help us bring awareness and raise funds for charities that provide mental health services, by participating in our virtual run/walk that you can do from anywhere!
This race benefits the following PTSD based non-profits:
- Healing TREE (Trauma Resources, Education & Entertainment) advocates healing from abuse and trauma rather than coping with the symptoms, in order to transform lives and, ultimately, society. We achieve this by providing trauma-focused resources and education and by producing and partnering with relevant film, television, and theatre, empowering the social change necessary to create a healing movement.
- Headstrong provides at no expense, confidential and stigma-free mental health treatment for military members, veterans, and their families regardless of service era or discharge.
HOW TO COMPLETE YOUR RUN/WALK
- Register for the race and print your bib
- Complete a 5K, 10k or Half Marathon run/walk at your convenience, any time, anywhere between June 1-30, 2022
- Submit your time (optional) to see how you placed overall and print your finisher certificate.
- Celebrate your accomplishment by sharing on social media! #RunsForAPurpose
- Feel free to join the Virtual Runs for a Purpose Facebook Group to share and celebrate with other participants. Don’t forget to follow our Facebook page too!
- PTSD Awareness Medal
- Printable Race Bib
- Printable Finisher Certificate
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- Do I have to track my time / How do I track my time?
No, tracking your time is optional. There are several apps available that you can use to track your time. Here is a list of the top 10 apps.
- Do I have to create a team?
No, registration is setup for individuals, however, there is an option to create a team during checkout if you want to.
- Do all team members have to participate together?
No, that is the great part about a virtual race! Each team member can run/walk at their own pace on their own time.
- Do all team members have to do the same distance?
No, each team member can choose to do their own distance.
- Can I split up the distance over several days?
Yes, you can certainly split up your distance over time if needed.
- Do I have to submit my time to get my medal?
No, submitting your time is optional, you will still get your medal regardless. But if you would like to print off your finisher certificate, you will need to submit your time.
- When will I get my medal and/or shirt?
Medals will start to ship the first week of April through the end of the race. Shirts ordered by May 8th will arrive in time for the race. Shirts ordered after May 8th will ship out after the race.
- How do I print my bib?
Bibs are provided in digital format. Once you register, you will be automatically assigned a bib number. In your RunSignUp.com account, under “Profile” then “Upcoming Events”, you will see an option to print your bib for this race.
|Dimensions||6 × 4 in|
1k, 5k, 10k, Half Marathon